Trying to style a thick hair can pose quite a challenge, given that men are hardly able to control the way their hair grows. Having been stuck with a big, thick head of coarse and unable-to-tame hair, you might just keep asking your hair stylist to shave everything off with a blade and keep the hair length to a minimum.
However, stylists prove this wrong. There are plenty of hairstyles for men with thick hair out there, so your job is only to invest in great quality hair products and start thinking outside of the box.
Keep reading to find out more.
1. The Classic Hairstyles for Men with Thick Hair: Buzz Cut
Although this hairstyle might be among the most obvious men hairstyles for thick coarse hair, it does not mean that you can go wrong if choosing it. It is great for nearly all face shapes, with the exception of the overly-oval face shape.
Note that hair should not be cut in uniform length: the top of the head should appear just a slight longer than the sides. You should also be very careful not to make this difference in length more than just 1-2 millimeters, since you can step right into aggressive skin-head territory, and that is definitely not the look you’d desire unless you are a professional punk/rock musician.
As an example, check out Ryan Raynolds’ awesome look at Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show.
2. Edgier on The Top: Buzz Cut’s Big Brother
When you want to shake things off a little bit, try the buzz-cut spin-off. Trim your hair to almost nothing on both sides, while leaving the top longer.
Make sure that the length appears gradually shorter on the back, almost like fading away!
The key to not getting overboard and ending up with the skin-head look with this hairstyle is to shape the higher top to mild, messy waves, ending in sharp edges pointing upwards.
3. The Mouth-Watering Deep-Part
There are moments in life when you want to look as seductive as possible.
The deep-parted blow out is the most brilliant among the hairstyles for men with thick hair for these occasions.
Here is how to achieve it:
- Having dried your hair with a towel, deep part it to one side.
- The part should start exactly at the outer corner of the eye.
- When blowing it with a hair-dryer, lift the hair at the roots by using your fingertips.
- In the end, apply the minimum amount of styling cream and this awesome liquid pomade while combing the hair with the fingers to the side.
Put on your favorite shirt on and you are good to go!
4. Gone With The Wind: For Cool Guys Only
One of the advantages of male thick hair is most certainly the texture. If taken to the right direction, it can do miracles!
By applying simple styling, you can achieve the mysterious yet extremely appealing look.
Here is how to achieve it:
- Wash your hair.
- Remove the extra moisture with a towel.
- Then, get some high-hold texture cream on your fingers and just start styling it.
Do not follow any rules: you want to look as natural as possible. While doing this, keep an image of a cool guy sailing while the wind gently tosses his hair through the mild air in your head.
This look is what you actually want to achieve!
5 Bonus Tips for Men With Thick Hair
There you go: four hairstyles for men with thick hair that will solve your problems. Last but not least, bear in mind the following additional bonus tips to avoid bad thick hair days:
- Keep your hair moisturized by applying a high-quality moisturizing shampoo and a suitable conditioner. This will get you rid of the brittle and dull look.
- Be careful when selecting styling products and tools. This should help you fight the dryness and potential hair damages.
- Regularly remove split ends by keeping your hair trimmed properly.
- Use the blow dryer only less often. You should avoid adding volume in order to achieve a tamer look.
- Finally, do not throw the possibility of a longer hairstyle outside the window. There are plenty of hairstyles for men with thick hair that include having longer hair. One of the most interesting is the famous Elvis Pompadour.
So, did you enjoy reading the article?
If you found it interesting and useful, don’t hesitate to share with your friends.